Thyroid can heal naturally with a proper diet, exercise, rest and minimizing stress in your life.
If you try to find a good holistic doctor, he/she will work with you to discover the underlying problems that are causing the problem and work to find a solution that works for you individually.
TOP WAYS TO BEGIN TO HEAL YOUR THYROID NATURALLY:
1. Using Coconut Oil – Coconut oil does not interfere with the conversion of T4 to T3 as many of the oils we use in cooking. It increases the metabolism and helps you lose weight. This oil also supports your immune health that is very important when it comes to the thyroid.
Consume at least 1 tablespoon per day.
2. Drinking Bone Broth daily –This is a wonderful healing elixir that helps cure and seal the intestinal mucosa, but also strengthens the immune system. Both are crucial for optimal thyroid health. Drink 1 cup of broth a day and add a pinch of sea salt and seaweed flakes to further support the health of the thyroid.
3. Eating Seaweed and other sea vegetables – Algae and other sea vegetables like nori, kombu, wakame should be eaten frequently. They are the major dietary source of iodine and are abundant in many other beneficial nutrients.
4. Optimize the consumption of vitamin A, D and K2 levels – These vitamins are critical for good health and thyroid hormones. Recent studies indicated that people with thyroid problems deficient in these vitamins in your body.
5. Practicing some relaxation therapy, such as yoga, meditation or tai chi is very good to regulate the thyroid function, especially if the problem was caused by trauma, major depression or very bad news.
6. Avoid Gluten – Gluten causes an autoimmune response in many people. It is being considered as the cause of Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, an autoimmune common thyroid disease.
Another important thing is to avoid peanuts and peanut butter, because they contain goitrogens.